2-Day Children Holiday Wellness Camp
Time & Location
About the Event
2-Day Holiday Programme to Build Resilience and Enhance Performance
As parents, we do our best to support our children by ensuring that their basic health needs, such as getting enough sleep and maintaining a balanced diet are met.
However, children can be underperforming even when they are high-achievers. They may have over-relied on their IQ, family support or even luck, leaving them vulnerable in the long run.
How can we cultivate long-term resilience, avoid burnout and possible behavioural problems in our children?
Join us in this collaboration amongst three powerful nature arts and wellness programmes, especially curated to cultivate resilience and overcome anxiety in schooling children. Enjoy the benefits of connecting with nature, arts therapy, Spinal Flow therapy, as well as wellness and performance coaching within this programme!
Who is this for: Children ages from 5 to 11 who would benefit from developing mental, emotional and physical resilience to manage various demands from school, family, friends and community
Group size: 3 groups capped at 3 child per group (Updated on 12th Aug 2021 with reference to the stricter safety management measures)
When: Day 1 : 9th September (Thursday) 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Day 2 :10th September (Friday) 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Where: Dairy Farm Nature Park
Drop-off Point: Dairy Farm Road, Carpark A
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAMME
Working with heart-centered coaches from The Affirmative People, expert practitioners of Spinal Flow Technique from RealEase to botanical inkmakers Shirin and Liz from Wild Dot, the participants will:-
- Gain clarity on the issues and outcomes they want to achieve and learn the competencies that affect their decision making, drive, effectiveness, self-efficacy and well-being.
- Uncover limiting beliefs that have held them back and learn to reframe their core beliefs, values and habits to create new empowering ones.
- Experience improved focus and relaxation via light touches on specific points on their body, which naturally rebalance their nervous system. They will learn self-help tools to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Experience deeper connections and interactions with nature via the creative artmaking process.
- Learn to source for natural pigments and materials to make paints and art tools, and to express oneself with Nature's gifts.
FAQ FOR HOLIDAY CAMP EVENT
What is the dress code?
- Long pants, track bottoms
- Covered shoes with socks length above the ankle. Hiking shoes, sneakers and school shoes are some example of suitable footwear.
- Cotton long sleeves top (to keep away the insect bites)
- Hats or caps are welcomed
What else do I need to bring along?
- A water bottle for the child.
- Some snack if the child likes to munch a little during the period.
- A poncho/raincoat or a jacket that can protect the child from light rain.
- Insect repellent (spray on type please as the stick on patch can comes out easily).
- A small backpack to keep all the things mention above so that the child hands are free for the activity.
- A yoga mat for the child.
Is there anything to prepare prior to the event?
- Yes, there will be a questionnaire for your child to fill so that a personalised report can be generated.
Where is the meet up location?
- The pick up and drop off point would be at the Car Park A | Dairy Farm Nature Park. https://goo.gl/maps/DLuZ4drWrQf9Uma1A
We would asking for your mobile contact number at the point of the registration to facilitate the drop off coordination via whatsapp messages. Please do check your email and provide us with your details if you have yet to do so in your registration.
This event is a collaboration with The Affirmative People and Wild Dot.